“It provides a commercial point of view alongside the legal one, so you’re receiving advice that you can actually use to make a decision.”
Chambers UK, 2010
A strong brand wields amazing power, influencing not just who people buy from but also who they wish to work for. In challenging economic times, it is companies with strong, well-regarded brands that continue to see growth.
You can rely on our specialist brand management lawyers for practical and strategic advice on how to create, manage and protect a brand’s value. Our relationship with you will be based on openness, collaboration and flexibility.
By working closely with our clients we develop long-term relationships and understand the full life-cycle of brand development. Our clients range from multinationals with well-known and established brands, through to new businesses building a brand and individuals whose personal brand has value.
Whatever your particular needs, we will provide clear, cost effective, innovative and realistic advice.
We can advise you on:
- Clearing brands for use
- All aspects of brand protection (global trade mark, domain name and design registration)
- Trade mark, design and domain name portfolio management
- Brand audits
- Brand watching services
- Brand misuse (monitoring and policing strategies, advice in relation to disputes, anti-counterfeiting and piracy, litigation and other means of resolving conflicts, co-existence agreements)
- Challenging other people’s brands (oppositions, invalidity proceedings)
- Brand use (brand guidelines and policies and procedures)
- Brand licensing, franchising, merchandising and other brand agreements, and related advice
- The acquisition and disposal of brands and brand driven businesses
- The challenges to brands in the digital age (brand extension and new channels of exploitation).
We have advised Orange on a number of brand related disputes.
Virgin Enterprises Limited
We advise on a number of issues relating to the Virgin brand.
We advised FIFA on branding issues relating to the World Cup in South Africa.
We have advised Ben Sherman on issues such as brand licensing and domain name and trade mark disputes.
We have advised Diageo on licensing and brand management agreements relating to a number of branded products.
We advise Hat Trick Productions on trade mark registration and related matters for a number of their brands.