Rhys Llewellyn has a broad range of experience advising on a full range of corporate and commercial issues. He has particular experience on private company share and business sales and acquisitions, start-ups, joint ventures and shareholder arrangements. He also provides legal advice on limited liability partnerships and restructuring and insolvency issues.
He specialises in:
- Acquisitions and disposals of shares and businesses
- Joint Ventures
- Investment and Shareholder Arrangements
- Limited liability partnerships
- Commercial agreements.
Rhys’ work highlights include:
- Advising Forward Internet Group in relation to a number of corporate transactions including its acquisitions of Uswitch and Factory Media
- Acting on behalf of Simon Fuller and Ingenious Ventures Limited’s £100m on its sale of 19 Entertainment Limited to CKX Inc
- Advising MAMA Group Plc’s £19m+ acquisition of a number of live music venues (including the Hammersmith Apollo, Forum and Jazz Cafe) from Live Nation and subsequent sale of interests in these venues and related joint venture arrangements with HMV Group
- Advising Really Useful Theatres on its £11.5m sale of the Apollo, Duchess, Garrick and Lyric Theatres
- Advising on a variety of corporate transactions for leading brands such as Virgin and Penguin Books
- Acting on the sale of a number of leading TV production companies including Objective Productions, Tiger Aspect, Ricochet, Mob Film Company and the Chrysalis television division
- Advising on the simultaneous acquisition and related fund raising by AIM listed DCD Media Plc of TV production companies September
- Holdings, West Park Pictures and Prospect Pictures for a total consideration of £19.1m.
Rhys joined Harbottle & Lewis upon qualification in 2001.
Back to all people