In the fast-moving interactive entertainment arena, it can be reassuring to know that your law firm has been successfully advising the industry since the 1980s. In fact, we are widely recognised as one of the world’s foremost law firms in the games industry, at the forefront of innovation relating to new platforms, distribution methods and business models. As a result you can expect first class legal advice, coupled with valuable strategic and commercial assistance when you need it.
“The firm continues to be at the forefront of its market” … “Genuine specialists with deep, broad experience”.
Chambers UK, 2010
We advise start-ups and first time developers through to multi-national corporations and publishers on the legal and commercial issues relating to all forms of interactive entertainment. We also advise leading industry figures on new ventures, employment or consultancy arrangements, share options and incentive packages. Whatever your role, you will benefit from first-hand experience at the cutting edge.
We can advise you on:
- All commercial aspects of the interactive entertainment industry (with particular focus on video games industry)
- Development, publishing, financing, licensing, distribution and console platform arrangements
- Copyright and other intellectual property rights, branding and licensing of technology, content and personality
- Cross-media Projects – bridging various media – games, TV, iTV, internet, mobile, film and in-game music and in-game advertising
- Classification, censorship and advertising
- Corporate mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, investments, MBOs, corporate finance, shareholder arrangements and IPOs
- The application of the new Gambling Act to online offerings, including prize competitions, console games played for cash and other innovative applications.