Alessandro Cerri is a dispute resolution lawyer who advises on corporate, commercial and individual disputes, with a focus on disputes in the financial, technology, media and entertainment sectors.
Alessandro has wide-ranging experience of High Court and Court of Appeal litigation, as well as coordinating complex cross-border litigation in several jurisdictions.
- Breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties, and fraudulent transactions.
- Enforcement of judgment debts, including by tracing assets, unwinding transactions and piercing the corporate veil.
- Equitable remedies including the appointment of receivers by way of equitable execution.
- Third-party costs.
Alessandro joined Harbottle & Lewis in 2018, having trained and qualified at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP, where he spent four and a half years.
As a trainee, he completed a three month secondment at the Bank of England.
Alessandro’s previous experience includes:
- Advising Deutsche Bank in relation to one of the most significant pieces of post-credit crunch litigation to hit the UK courts. Related proceedings involved a Court of Appeal hearing upholding the largest non-party costs orders ever made by the English High Court at the time.
- Successfully applying for the appointment of receivers by way of equitable execution and obtaining Norwich Pharmacal relief from the courts in England and Wales, and other jurisdictions.
Alessandro is admitted as a solicitor advocate (civil).