Aneesh Patel provides pragmatic and commercially-driven legal advice on IP and contractual issues. Aneesh advises on various areas of the technology, media and entertainment sector with particular expertise of working within the music industry.
Aneesh advises a broad range of clients in the music industry including: worldwide and break-through artists, major and independent labels and publishers, management companies, agents, live events and festival companies. He also advises online/mobile music platforms on all aspects of their multi-territory licensing arrangements with rights holders.
- IP assignment and licensing
- Recordings arrangements
- Publishing arrangements
- Sync licensing
- Sponsorship and endorsement
- Online/mobile music service licensing
- Live music events
- Negotiated multi-territory licencing arrangements for worldwide release of debut album of artist ‘Floating Points’
- Advised an independent record label on worldwide licence arrangements Universal Music Group
- Seconded to act as Head of Business and Legal Affairs at global digital music service platform
- Advised MAMA Group on a new music festival joint venture and drafted associated documentation
Aneesh has previously worked at MTV, Fieldfisher, and OHIM. Aneesh is also the founder of restaurant, bar and music venue in East London, ‘Brilliant Corners’.