Charlie Thompson advises employers and individuals on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious employment law matters.
Charlie’s contentious experience includes complex, high value cases in the Employment Tribunal, High Court and Court of Appeal on areas including restraint of trade, unfair dismissal and discrimination. Charlie also advises on matters such as employee relations issues and the drafting and review of employment contracts and policies.
Charlie’s clients include both businesses and individuals from a broad range of industries including media & entertainment, technology, retail and financial services.
- Tribunal and High Court litigation
- Employment disputes and grievances
- Post-termination restrictions
- Contractual issues
- Redundancies and business reorganisation.
- Securing injunctive relief in the Court of Appeal against an employee without the employer being ordered to pay the employee’s salary or bonus (Sunrise Brokers LLP -v-Michael Rodgers )
- Obtaining a favourable settlement for an individual subjected to race and sex discrimination by her employer
- Advising on the successful overhaul of an insurance underwriter’s employment contracts and staff handbook across its entire workforce
- Obtaining a favourable settlement for the former director of a major retailer following his sudden and public dismissal.
Charlie trained at Lawrence Graham, and prior to joining Harbottle & Lewis in 2014, was an associate at a boutique employment law firm in the City. Charlie is recognised as a rising star in the 2014 Super Lawyers Listing. He was also named as a ‘Recommended Lawyer’ in the 2013 and 2014 editions of the Legal 500.