Daisy Minns Shearer has wide experience of private family law matters and is committed to achieving the best outcome for her clients, whether through alternative forms of dispute resolution or the court process.
She has extensive experience of complex financial disputes on the breakdown of a relationship, including matters with an international aspect, and those involving trusts.
Daisy works to resolve arrangements for children, including where one parent wishes to relocate to a different country. She has experience of challenging disputes involving children, including those with public law elements.
She also advises on non-contentious matters and acts for her clients in drafting and negotiating nuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements.
- Jurisdiction disputes
- Financial settlements
- Nuptial and cohabitation agreements
- Arrangements for children (including applications to relocate)
- Child maintenance (including capital provision)
- Advising within court proceedings and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) forums, including mediation, arbitration and settlement/round-table meetings
- Advising in contested jurisdictional proceedings, issued in England, where there was a German pre-nuptial agreement.
- Representing a client in arbitration, to resolve their spouse’s financial claims against them outside of the court arena to ensure privacy.
- Assisting in the reported cases of R v B and Capita Trustees  EWFC 33 – a rare case in which conduct (including litigation conduct) was taken into account to reduce the quantum of an award, and IX v IY  EWCH 3053 (Fam) where the wife was awarded 24.32% of the total assets (£38.3m) and arguments on cohabitation were considered.
- Advising in a matter which resulted in her client achieving significantly increased time with their children, where there had been allegations of abuse and Local Authority involvement.
Before joining Harbottle & Lewis LLP in January 2020, Daisy gained experience at top tier family law firms Payne Hicks Beach and Alexiou Fisher Philipps LLP.