Daniel Tozer leads the technology and data practice. He works with clients of all sizes from start-ups to multinationals and from a wide range of industry sectors such as technology, media, education, retail, manufacturing, telecoms, advertising/marketing, hospitality and fashion.
- Data collection, analysis, protection and use
- Intellectual property
- Innovative technology
- Complex commercial transactions
- Virgin Atlantic/Holidays – engaged by Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Holidays to conduct a full ‘GDPR Readiness’ project to assist both businesses with their preparation for the implementation of GDPR in May 2018.
- Expedia – advised on the terms of its multi-year commercial relationship with Thomas Cook.
- Seeburger – advised on this client’s major IT outsourcing project for Upfield.
- Virgin Group Loyalty Company – advised VGLC on the terms of its core long term commercial relationship with Virgin Atlantic Airways.
Whilst in-house at Vodafone, Daniel was the key legal advisor in the negotiations to bring the iPhone and the iPad to the UK.
Daniel is regularly called to provide media commentary on the BBC, Channel 4 and other media outlets on technology and e-commerce issues.
Daniel is a member of Society for Computers and the Law, International Association of Privacy Professionals and iTech law.
Our firm is also the sole UK member of the World IT Lawyers Association, an international network of firms focused on technology and intellectual property advice.
- Are you ready for the P2B Regulation? Coming into force on 12 July 2020
- COVID-19: ICO issues guidance on its approach during the coronavirus public health emergency
- COVID-19: ICO publishes guidance on data protection compliance
- ICO publishes Age Appropriate Design Code
- Status update on cryptoassets, smart contracts and private keys
- Marriott’s mammoth GDPR penalty in second ICO fine this week
- ICO proposes £183 million fine for British Airways cyber breach
- Data & Privacy eBulletin: Schrems does it again
- Coverage: Dan Tozer on UK-US data sharing
- ICO reshapes priorities in light of pandemic
- Data & Privacy eBulletin: ad industry in the spotlight, Schrems II and Brexit developments
- Data & Privacy eBulletin: (Still) preparing for Brexit
- Data & Privacy eBulletin: GDPR – One year on
- US eBulletin: Spring 2019
- Data & Privacy eBulletin: Google’s record €50million fine, NOYB privacy campaign group, ICO fines and Brexit