Daniel Tozer leads the commercial technology practice. He works with clients of all sizes from start-ups to multinationals and from a wide range of industry sectors such as technology, fashion, education, retail, manufacturing, telecoms, advertising/marketing, hospitality and media.
- Data collection, analysis, protection and use
- Intellectual property
- Innovative technology
- Complex commercial transactions
- Virgin Atlantic/Holidays – Engaged by Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Holidays to conduct a full “GDPR Readiness” project to assist both businesses with their preparation for the implementation of GDPR in May 2018.
- Oil and Gas Authority (OGA) – Provided advice on the OGA’s National Data Repository (NDR), which will digitally house and publish the collection of UK petroleum-related information, such as geophysical, field and infrastructure data.
- Seeburger – Advised on an IT outsourcing deal with Upfield.
- Virgin Project Flame – Advised Virgin Group Loyalty Company (VGLC) on the terms of a complex 15-year commercial transaction with Virgin Atlantic, which involved transferring a whole customer database from one entity to another.
Whilst in-house at Vodafone, Daniel was the key legal advisor in the negotiations to bring the iPhone and the iPad to the UK.
Daniel is regularly called to provide media commentary on the BBC, Channel 4 and other media outlets on technology and e-commerce issues.
Daniel is a member of Society for Computers and the Law, International Association of Privacy Professionals and iTech law.
Our firm is also the sole UK member of the World IT Lawyers Association, an international network of firms focused on technology and intellectual property advice.