Georgy specialises in trade mark and brand related portfolio management, advising on non-contentious and contentious matters and brand strategy. She has over 20 years’ experience, working in private practice, in-house and a start-up consulting business.
Georgy has worked for a wide range of clients of all sizes, including senior in-house roles in the pharmaceutical, oil and consumer goods industries. She was head of trade marks at a FTSE top 10 company.
- Brand protection
- Management and resolution of brand and domain name disputes, domestic and international
- Brand clearance and registration
- Brand and domain name audit and compliance.
- Managing an international dispute in both courts and intellectual property offices arising out of split ownership of a trade mark that both sets of owners wanted to market
- Advising on international brand clearance programmes with practical advice for resolution of conflicts
- Advising on new brand protection needed arising out of a licensing agreement.
Georgy trained and qualified at Linklaters before joining first GlaxoSmithKline and then Shell in senior in-house brand management and protection roles. She was then CEO of a consulting firm before joining Harbottle & Lewis in 2016. Georgy is a solicitor and Chartered Trade Mark Attorney.