Gulay Mehmet provides advice in all aspects of immigration, nationality and related European Union and Human Rights law. Her clients include private individuals of diverse backgrounds, international footballers, corporate business, top Premier League football clubs, charitable foundations and theatre and film production companies.
She has extensive experience and is known for handling complex cases, and her specialism in the crossover of the immigration rules and FA, Premier League and FIFA regulations. Tier 1 (investor) and Tier 2 (general) and (sportsperson) applications.
Gulay has been involved in a number of high profile cases and has worked with a number of footballing legends and their families.
- Tier 1 Investor applications
- Tier 2 (sportsperson)
- Tier 5 (Creative & Sportsperson) applications
- Applications for entry to the UK and settlement on behalf of spouses and other family members
- Human Rights & Long Residence applications
- Applications under EU law
- Applications for British citizenship
- Appeals & Judicial Review
Gulay has been the Chair of the Law Society Immigration Committee for three years. She has been involved in a number of consultations with the Home Office on changes to the immigration laws and gave evidence to both the House of Commons Home Affairs Committee and the House of Lords Select Committee.