Jane Ashford-Thom advises individual and corporate clients on protecting their reputation and privacy. She has considerable experience advising on disputes with the mainstream media, hostile campaigns on social media, and managing data breaches. She also advises high-profile individuals and their families on how to protect their privacy, with particular expertise in the privacy rights of children.
She frequently acts for high profile and high net worth individuals, FTSE 100 companies, hedge funds and household brands.
- Pre-publication and post-publication advice on engaging with the media
- Obtaining the removal of material published online, both in the mainstream media and on social media
- Securing apologies and damages awards
- Dealing with unwanted intrusions into the privacy of high-profile individuals and their families
- Protecting private and confidential information
- Advising on regulatory complaints to Ofcom, the BBC and IPSO
- Advising on rights under the GDPR, including making and responding to ICO complaints
- Responding to data breaches
Jane holds a Practitioner’s Certificate in Data Protection (Distinction).