Jenni Woolf advises on a range of disputes involving intellectual property and related rights. She also advises on non-contentious IP.
Jenni advises a variety of clients, from individuals and start-ups to large international corporations. She has previously acted for clients in broadcasting, telecoms, fashion, arts and entertainment, product design and leisure & retail sectors.
- Advising on actual and potential disputes relating to infringements of intellectual property rights, and how to avoid them
- Conducting litigation in the High Court and specialist Intellectual Property Enterprise Court
- Advising on intellectual property aspects of transactions
- IP licensing work, including brand licenses.
- Advising the estate of best-selling author Sir Terry Pratchett in enforcement of his intellectual property rights, including trade marks and copyright
- Assisting with protection of the copyright works of artists Paul Kidby and the late Josh Kirby
- Advising an international record label on licensing of its artists brands
- Advising an international fashion brand on asserting trade mark infringement claims against a substantial competitor.
Jenni joined Harbottle & Lewis in 2016, having trained and qualified at Olswang LLP, where she spent four and a half years. She completed a 6 month secondment at Princess Productions (TV production company) who are part of the Endemol Shine Group.
Jenni completed the Oxford University Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice in 2015.
Jenni’s previous experience includes:
- Successfully defending Sky in an IPEC action brought against it for a declaration of non-infringement of its trade marks: Skyscape Cloud Services Ltd v Sky plc & ors  EWHC 1340 (IPEC)
- Assisting Zynga, Inc. in the Court of Appeal, which upheld the High Court’s decision that the Scrabble tile trade mark registration was invalid: JW Spear & Son & Ors. v Zynga, Inc.  EWHC 3345 (Ch)
- Assisting major fashion labels with brand enforcement programmes
- Advising on and negotiating settlements of trade mark, copyright and design infringement disputes for a range of clients, including product designers
- Working with an emerging fashion brand on brand enforcement, licensing and an international trade mark filing programme
- Advising on concept and design scoping agreements for an international high end restaurant franchise.