Jo Sanders advises on all legal areas affecting the protection, use and security of information. She specialises in reputation management and privacy for corporate and individual clients.
- Helping companies or individuals who are resisting unwarranted attacks on personal privacy or reputation by the media or online
- Advising companies which are concerned by security and information risks posed by former employees
- Advising individuals on threats of harassment and blackmail or advising on preventative measures that can be taken to protect personal privacy
- Advising on very complex or highly sensitive data subject access requests under data protection laws and representing parties where challenges are made to defective responses
- Advising organisations on reputational and litigious risks posed by information data security leaks Dealing with complaints arising from statements made online, by email or otherwise
- Protecting private or commercially valuable information when it is threatened with disclosure in litigation or under Freedom of Information laws
- Helping with the public effects of police or regulatory investigations and advising on how information about sensitive cases should be handled
- Advising individuals whose privacy is compromised by a third party data security breach
- Issues relating to libel, privacy, data protection, broadcasting and media codes, freedom of information, misuse of confidential information.
Due to the inherently private nature of the work, we do not discuss specific cases in this area unless they are already in the public domain.
Jo is one of the partners representing victims of voicemail interception in the ongoing litigation against News International and Mirror Group.
Jo has worked as a journalist and as a media relations consultant at a leading consumer PR firm. She joined Harbottle in 2007.
She is a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals.