Marcus Parker has over 20 years’ experience in the private client industry as both a lawyer and, for the last seven years, as a professional trustee in the Cayman Islands.
Marcus’ practice focuses on establishing efficient and effective international structures to hold and manage the global wealth of international families. He has also developed particular expertise in contentious trust and estate matters helping to resolve the often tricky issues which arise when trusts (and their underlying companies and assets) become troubled or distressed as a result of family disputes, divorce, challenges from outsiders, mistakes, tax issues or fraud.
Marcus has a long-standing reputation in the offshore private client arena, including recognition in Legal Week’s Private Client Global Elite. He is also ranked top in his field by Chambers, Citywealth and Who’s Who Legal.
- Contentious trusts and estates
- Offshore wealth holding structures
- Tax planning
Establishing and administering:
- A Cayman PTC structure for an UHNW global family holding investments in property and funds and acting as a director of the PTC
- A substantial charitable Foundation Company for a billionaire Cayman family
- A multi-trust and corporate holding structure for one of the wealthiest HK based families holding substantial multi-billion dollar property interests
- A controlled subsidiary to provide Cayman based services for a leading Guernsey and Geneva based trustee
- Numerous corporate investment vehicles for members of Middle Eastern royal families
- Court appointed protector to a trust holding substantial French and Spanish assets in the midst of a family dispute
- Court appointed administrator on a large Cayman and US disputed estate holding a number of active trading entities
- Involved in a substantial high profile London based legal action against a Cayman corporate entity
- Involved in a NZ, Cayman and BVI based dispute over a global trading business
- Involved in a high profile HK and BVI disputed estate