Mark Nichols has a broad range of intellectual property experience, with a focus on contentious work and particular expertise in trade mark litigation, strategy and brand protection.
He has advised a range of high profile clients across sectors including digital and tech, start-ups, media, fashion and finance.
Mark has a particular interest in the publishing and interactive entertainment sectors, and worked in digital project management for a publishing company prior to his legal career.
- Intellectual property litigation and pre-action work
- IP enforcement and brand protection
- Brand and trade mark strategy
- Acted for the London Taxi Company in its high profile trade mark dispute with Frazer-Nash Research.
- Advised Rapiscan Systems in patent litigation against American Science and Engineering.
- Acted for a multinational office space company in trade mark infringement proceedings.
- Acted for a large haircare brand in trade mark infringement proceedings.
- Worked on secondment for four months at a well-known national clothing brand.
- Acted for the Trustee in Bankruptcy of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC in its ongoing insolvency proceedings.
In 2017, Mark successfully completed the Postgraduate Diploma in IP Law & Practice at the University of Oxford.
He is a member of the Society for Junior Intellectual Property Practitioners (IPSoc), and the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI).