Matthew Hiscox is a Chartered Trade Mark Attorney (UK) and specialises in advising clients on their IP rights, trade marks, design and copyrights, both on a contentious and non-contentious basis.
Matthew has a wealth of experience, having worked for over 20 years in the field of intellectual property. His career started at the UK Intellectual Property Office, where he gained invaluable experience in all areas of IP, predominantly focused on trade marks and designs. Since leaving UK IPO, Matthew has worked for national law firms offering a full spectrum of IP services.
The services he provides range from clearance of brands, filing and prosecution of trade marks, design, copyright and designs worldwide, policing of IP portfolios, advising on trade mark, domain name and company name enforcement matters, developing international brand strategies and portfolio management.
He works with a wide range of clients, from multinational corporations to SMEs and entrepreneurs.
Matthew has been credited on a number of occasions in the Legal 500.
- Advising on brand selection and conducting trade mark clearance searches
- Providing pre-filing advice and filing strategies
- Drafting trade mark specifications and filing trade mark applications
- Prosecuting applications through to registration, and overturning registrability refusals
- Handling opposition, revocation and invalidity actions
- Negotiating settlement agreements and drafting undertakings
- Managing global filing programmes and auditing existing portfolios
- Coordinating trade mark recordal projects, internationally
- Registering designs in the UK and EU
Matthew Hiscox is a member of the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA)