Michelle Moorhouse works within the private client team assisting with tax disclosures and enquiries, tax planning and wealth structuring for individuals, and corporate tax advice and compliance.
She has considerable experience in assisting and advising on contentious tax issues, HMRC investigations and disclosures through a wide range of disclosure facilities, along with tax advice and planning for UK and international high net worth individuals, trusts and estates.
Michelle also assists with UK and overseas wealth structures, which includes the on-going UK tax compliance for individuals as well as any corporate structures.
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries, investigations and disclosures; this includes advising clients on Code of Practice 8 and 9 investigations (COP8 and COP9), civil tax investigations and criminal tax investigations
- Tax disputes
- Advising on domicile and residency issues
- Advising high net worth individuals on their UK tax implications and possible tax planning opportunities, including assisting them with fulfilling their UK tax compliance obligations
- Advising on the UK tax implications and obligations of various structures, including those arising from UK and/or overseas trusts and companies
- Assisting with advice on a range of employment tax issues including share based incentives and option schemes
- Assisting with advice to owner managed businesses on available tax reliefs
Michelle is a full member of both the ICAEW as a Chartered Accountant (qualifying in 2014 ) and the CIOT as a Chartered Tax Advisor (qualifying in 2020).
She has more than 11 years’ experience in practice planning, advising and preparing accounts and tax liabilities for a range of private and corporate clients, along with more than three years’ experience specialising in tax alongside her accountancy experience.