Oli advises companies and individuals involved in commercial disputes on how best to defend their interests.
Oli is experienced in advising clients on creative solutions for resolving problems outside of court, the potential merits of litigation and all aspects of formal proceedings. Whilst Oli’s primary experience relates to advising on disputes in England and Wales, he also has experience advising clients based in the U.S., Europe and Australia on complex multi-jurisdictional disputes.
- Contractual interpretation and disputes
- Enforcement of contractual rights
- Negligence claims
- Cross-border litigation
- Competition law
- High value insurance claims
- Acted to assist a television production company with global enforcement of certain terms in franchise agreements relating to a household name television show.
- Acted for a company in an >£80 million claim for breach of contract by a nation state.
- Acted for an applicant in relation to a without notice freezing order issued against a high net-worth individual.
- Acted to assist a client with the enforcement of an English court judgment in South America based on breach of various supply contracts.
- Acted for a European electronics manufacturer in relation to a >£100 million claim for breach of warranties in a Share Purchase Agreement.
Oli trained at Allen & Overy. He qualified as a litigator there in March 2019 before joining Harbottle & Lewis in December 2021.
Oli is a member of the Law Society of England and Wales.
Oli is also a member of the charities Reprieve, Liberty, and the Howard League for Penal Reform.