Raffaella De Santis is a digital media and music lawyer and works with a broad range of clients across the Technology, Media & Entertainment industries, advising on intellectual property, commercial and corporate issues, as well as digital rights and licensing.
Raffaella specialises in the music and technology industries, and has extensive experience working within digital media for a wide range of blue-chip organisations, including the London Stock Exchange, 7digital and as sole counsel for the international agent to Andrea Bocelli.
At Harbottle & Lewis, Raffaella acts for digital music services, artists and producers, labels and publishers, as well as tech start-ups, and media and entertainment companies. Her specialism in litigation, defamation and privacy has also seen her work on a number of contentious matters for high profile individuals and companies, and she is adept at turning potential disputes into negotiated solutions.
- Corporate & Commercial
- Intellectual Property
- Digital Rights and Music Licensing
- Content and Platform Licensing
- Defamation & Privacy
- Acted for media equity house taking minority stake and board seats in UK digital music start-up.
- Advised global advertising agency on rights licensing issues and potential licensing dispute with prominent US music artist.
- Advised crypto-currency start-up on IP and invention rights issues.
Raffaella trained as a reputation litigation lawyer at Schillings, and has masters degrees in Media Law and Legal and Political Theory.