Rebecca Collard is a Senior Associate in the Technology, Media & Entertainment Group and specialises in disruptive technology. She advises on a broad range of commercial and intellectual property matters including data protection and privacy, with experience of advising in the online and mobile communications industries. Rebecca’s approach is to provide timely, practical and commercial legal advice to enable businesses to achieve their goals.
Rebecca advises a broad range of clients from start-ups to blue chip companies across a variety of industries including technology, telecommunications, eCommerce, data analytics, marketing, retail and fashion.
- Technology product and service creation, development, procurement, implementation and delivery
- Media and games content development, acquisition and distribution
- Online commerce, both fixed and mobile
- Commercial transactions and agreements of all types
- Intellectual property creation, exploitation and protection
- Competitions, prize draws and promotions
- Consumer and data protection.
- Advising a data analytics company in relation to its platform agreements and exclusivity arrangements with its partners
- Advising a US marketing company regarding its launch of its UK operations, including advice in relation to commercial agents regulations, data protection and compliance with consumer regulation
- Advising an international broadcaster with regulatory advice in relation to its broadcasting obligations
- Advising a telecommunications provider in relation to its contractual arrangements with its software provider for the provision of an app distribution platform
- Advising a variety of start-ups regarding protection of their intellectual property rights, supply and manufacturing arrangements, app development and distribution and compliance with consumer and data protection regulation
- Advising an international broadcaster with detailed advice on Europe’s current and proposed data protection regime, and audited its UK operations for compliance
- Secondment to EMEA legal team at Microsoft where she advised on content licensing agreements, prize promotions, as well as game development and publishing arrangements for Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
Before joining Harbottle & Lewis in May 2014, Rebecca spent over seven years at Vodafone. She held a number of legal roles supporting business units dealing with brand licensing and protection, global advertising and social media projects, development and distribution of global consumer propositions, as well as negotiating global product and service agreements.
Rebecca was the key legal advisor in negotiating agreements for the distribution of video, games and apps with major content partners, and strategic global distribution agreements with original equipment manufacturers to provide customers with a ‘straight out of the box experience’ for their connectivity.