Robert Reilly handles capital projects and developments matters, both residential and commercial acting for developers and landlords but also for tenants and occupiers. He provides advice on development agreements, conditional contracts, planning and statutory agreements and business and residential leases.
Robert has particular experience in handling theatre projects having undertaken work for a number of major West End theatre owners – Theatres Trust, Really Useful Group, Theatre of Comedy and most recently acting for London Theatre Company in relation to a new theatre at One Tower Bridge and also for numerous subsidised theatres. He has also represented The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama and LAMDA on phased programmes of development of their respective premises.
- Property development
- Acquisition agreements
- Planning agreements
- Pre-let agreements
- Conditional purchase and sale agreements.
- Advising the London Theatre Company Limited on agreement for Lease of a new theatre at One Tower Bridge
- Leading a team of six on the acquisition and subsequent re-funding of a mixed use portfolio of Central London properties for in excess of £200m
- Disposal of six investment properties for The Rufford Foundation for in excess of £11m
- Acting on the disposal of a development site in Mayfair for in excess of £22m
- Advising on the development of a new Arts Council funded theatre in Hampstead for Hampstead Theatre Co involving a complex development agreement, leases and professional appointments
- Representing The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama for in excess of 25 years on a phased programme of redevelopment of their site at Swiss Cottage
- Advising The Theatres’ Trust on the acquisition from the London Residuary Body of West End theatres: the Lyric, the Lyceum and the Garrick Theatres
- Representing Cross Stone Group since their foundation over 25 years ago growing into a mixed use property developer with addition to substantial commercial property holdings a development programme comprising in excess of 300 dwellings throughout Sussex and the South East
- Representing The Framestore (multi-award winning and winners of the Best Visual Effects Oscar in 2014) for over 25 years on their occupational lease requirements in Central London
- Representing The Freedom of Speech Foundation United Kingdom on the acquisition of 60 Farringdon Road and its letting to Freeword to provide a home for a number of UK charities focused on the promotion and protection of freedom of speech and the written word
- Representing numerous theatres and arts organisations on the acquisition and development of theatre and performing arts premises including Lyric Hammersmith, Tricycle, Bush, Shaftesbury, the New Diorama Theatre, Victoria Theatre Stoke, Regent Theatre Henley, Theatre Royal Stratford East, Orange Tree Theatre, Shiobhan Davies Dance Studios, Diorama, Northcote Theatre Exeter.
Over the years Robert has held directorships with The Orange Tree Theatre, New Orange Tree Theatre Trust, Diorama, The Olivier Foundation, The Rufford Foundation and currently hold a directorship with New Orange Tree Theatre Trust and The Rufford Foundation.