Sharon D’Silva advises businesses operating across the technology, media and entertainment industries on a broad range of commercial, intellectual property and data protection matters.
She has a particular focus on technology and regularly advises consumer brands, social media platforms, start-ups and blue chip technology clients.
Sharon also has significant experience advising on fashion and retail related matters with a broad client base encompassing global fashion houses, luxury retailers and entrepreneurial start-ups.
- Software licensing and development including SAAS and PAAS arrangements.
- Intellectual property including assignment and licensing arrangements.
- Manufacturing and supply agreements.
- Distribution and agency arrangements, including advising in relation to the application of the Commercial Agents Regulations 1993.
- E-commerce and consumer regulatory matters.
- Research, development and collaboration agreements.
- Influencer and brand ambassador agreements.
- Online platform terms and conditions.
- E-privacy including advertising, marketing and cookies compliance.
- Privacy notices and internal data protection policies.
- Data processing addendums and data sharing arrangements.
- Compliance with GDPR including international data transfers, data processor appointments and data breaches.
- General corporate support in respect of IT, IP and data protection matters.
Commercial and Technology
- Advising a leading diamond company on the exploitation and licensing of blockchain technology to diamond retailers.
- Acting for a digital animation company on the exploitation and licensing of software to the ophthalmology sector.
- Advising a global travel technology company on the implementation of the Package Travel Directive 2018.
- Advising a Fin Tech company on a range of commercial and e-commerce matters in respect of its online marketplace platform.
- Undertook a six month secondment to a leading global travel technology company.
Retail and Fashion
- Acting for a global fashion house in relation to the termination of a commercial agency.
- Advising a luxury fabric and textile house on a range of agency, licensing and retail arrangements including a collaboration agreement with an international high street giant.
- Acting for an international supermodel in relation to a campaign agreement with a luxury fashion house.
- Advising a high end fashion designer on a number of cross border commercial and distribution arrangements.
- Advising an interactive entertainment start-up on a partnership agreement with a luxury fashion brand.
Sharon graduated from the University of Bristol with a first class honours in Law and a distinction in her Masters from the University of Oxford.
She trained at Harbottle & Lewis before qualifying into the Technology, Media and Entertainment department in 2017.
Prior to commencing her training contract, Sharon worked for a number of NGOs and regulatory bodies, including two years in the Governance and Regulation division at The Football Association.
- Qualification date: September 2017
- Academic qualifications: LLB (University of Bristol, First Class Honours); MSc (University of Oxford, Distinction); LPC (University of Law, Distinction).