Sophia Daw advises media and entertainment clients in the film, television and theatre industries in relation to rights acquisition and exploitation, commissioning, development, production and distribution.
Sophia also advises models, agencies and brands on commercial contracts and rights exploitation.
- Rights licensing and exploitation
- Production work
- Commercial contracts
- Endorsement and brand ambassador deals
- Advising a major subscription video-on-demand studio in relation to the necessary rights clearances for a new film.
- Drafting a talent agreement for a high-profile actress on behalf of a production company.
- Advising the Responsible Trust for Models in relation to commercial contracts and influencer marketing.
- Advising fashion brand, Love Brand & Co, on various matters including their template ambassador agreement.
Sophia trained at Harbottle & Lewis, during which time she completed a client secondment at Virgin Media before qualifying into the Technology, Media and Entertainment group in September 2019. Since qualification, Sophia has completed a client secondment at IMG and continues to be a member of the Retail & Fashion group.
Prior to joining the firm, Sophia worked in-house for a television distribution company, DCD Rights, as well as for Sky TV in New Zealand.
- Ofcom updates broadcaster guidance on protecting participants in TV and radio programmes
- ‘Pay or Play’ Contracts: Behind the scenes of Johnny Depp’s Fantastic Beasts exit
- Unauthorised use of image rights
- Quarantine exemption for film and TV productions filmed in UK
- Brand battle: Bentley Clothing wins 20 year trade mark dispute
- High fashion meets esports
- Models: coming of age