Timothy Watkins advises on all aspects of intellectual property law, specialising in contentious disputes relating to the laws surrounding trade marks, copyrights, design rights, confidential information, rights in domain names, and patents.
He has advised businesses from a broad range of sectors, including fashion, furniture, digital media, sport, betting & gaming, music, film & tv, interactive entertainment, and theatre.
- Intellectual property disputes – including contentious intellectual property office proceedings, high court litigation, pre-action disputes, and settlement.
- Intellectual property enforcement – including multi-jurisdiction brand enforcement strategies, take-down campaigns, and customs enforcement & counterfeit detentions.
- Brand management – including brand clearances, compliance advice, advertising laws, consumer law, and regulator complaints.
- Advising two large betting and gaming companies as defendants to UK High Court copyright, database, and confidential information litigation.
- Advising international telecommunications company as defendants to UK High Court trade mark and passing off litigation.
- Advising well known vodka brand in relation to UK and EU trade mark litigation at the EU IPO and UK High Court.
- Providing advice to UK music publisher and content creator in pre-action copyright disputes.
- Assisting UK charity with brand and content clearance searches and registry objections at UK and EU IPO.
Before joining Harbottle & Lewis in 2019, Timothy worked at boutique IP and media law firm, Hansel Henson. He trained at Olswang.
In 2019, he completed the Oxford University postgraduate diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice.
Before training as a solicitor, Timothy studied Classics (BA), and Ancient History (MA) at Nottingham University. He went on to complete his GDL and LPC at BPP in London.