Tom has a long track record of handling complex family law issues sensitively and discreetly. He advises on a broad range of family law issues specialising in financial arrangements on divorce and relationship breakdown. Tom also acts in matters involving financial provision for children and property disputes between cohabitees.
He regularly helps clients with complex nuptial agreements and advises about the potential vulnerability of assets in the event of divorce.
Tom acts for clients in children’s care disputes. These include disputes as to whether a child can leave the UK and reside in another country and applications for shared care of children.
Tom appears in both main legal directories; Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.
- Financial claims on divorce
- Advice to cohabitees and unmarried couples
- Property disputes between cohabitees
- Financial claims on behalf of children (Maintenance, school fees and capital provision)
- Contested Wills or provision from estates on death
- Care arrangements for children
- Leave to remove applications
- Acting for a severely disabled wife to secure a share of the marital assets
- Acting to secure provision for a husband from his deceased wife’s estate
- Preserving a husband’s interest in his company even after a long marriage