Kostyantyn Lobov advises on disputes involving intellectual property and related rights. His clients range from individuals and start-ups to multinational brand owners, in a diverse range of industry sectors.
Kostyantyn is frequently asked to advise on infringements of intellectual property rights involving online distribution platforms and digital media, particularly by clients in the interactive entertainment, film, music and publishing sectors. He has also advised a number of high profile brand owners in the fashion sector. He advises them on issues relating to brand protection and has particular experience of developing cost-effective strategies to deal with online rogue traders and counterfeiting.
- Disputes and litigation involving all types of intellectual property rights
- Strategic advice on preventative measures which can be taken to reduce the risk of disputes
- Developing effective IP protection and enforcement strategies
- Advising on compliance with the laws and self-regulatory codes relating to advertising
- Anti-counterfeiting and in particular UK and EU Customs enforcement
- Advising a UK-based product manufacturer on developing a pan-European patent enforcement strategy
- Acting for a large video game publisher in High Court trade mark infringement proceedings relating to one of its key properties
- Acting for a cosmetics company in High Court proceedings relating to a registered Community design
- Advising a number of content creators (including ad agencies, authors, playwrights) on the scope and applicability of the UK copyright exceptions
- Providing UK copy clearance advice for various advertisements for a major car manufacturer
- Advising a supermarket chain on issues relating to comparative advertising
- Advising a well-known travel company on compliance with the CAP Code in relation to its sales promotions
- Advising a multinational media conglomerate on trade mark issues relating to one of its television channels
Kostyantyn graduated in European Law from the University of Warwick and holds a postgraduate diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice from the University of Oxford. He is also a member of IPSoc, the society for young IP practitioners.
Kostyantyn is fluent in French and Russian.
- Can you trade mark a film title?
- Insight: Doping in eSports – why the stakes are raised as the sector matures
- CMA to investigate online reviews and endorsements
- New UK copyright exception for parody enters into force
- Richemont International S.A. and others v British Sky Broadcasting Ltd and others
- Trade marks: Where you stand and what you should be doing
- Uploading gameplay content to YouTube: The law versus the commercial reality