Catherine Bedford deals with all areas of family law including divorce and separation; the breakdown of civil partnerships; cohabitation disputes; jurisdictional disputes and enforcement; pre- and post-nuptial agreements; freezing injunctions; appeals; and applications to vary maintenance.
Depending on each client’s needs, Catherine’s approach is tailor made – whether that be successful negotiating outside of the court process or tough litigating within it. Her work frequently involves high net worth individuals, ranging from high-flying CEOs and investment bankers, to sports stars and entertainers.
Catherine specialises in complex financial matters, frequently advising her clients with regard to assets and trust structures, including locating hidden assets.
Catherine is also highly experienced in all private law children matters including residence and contact; leave to remove children from the jurisdiction (both achieving and preventing); specific issue applications and prohibited steps orders.
Catherine is particularly concerned with mental health issues for children and adolescents; she has for some time been involved with the Anna Freud Centre and is a Trustee. She is also a Trustee of the National Gallery Foundation Trust.
- Divorce and separation
- Breakdown of civil partnerships
- Cohabitation disputes
- Jurisdictional disputes and enforcement
- Pre- and post-nuptial agreements
- Freezing injunctions
- Applications to vary maintenance
- Private law children work
Catherine completed a degree in English Literature at McGill University in Montreal, Canada before moving to the UK to read Law at Oxford University. She joined Lee & Thompson as a partner in 2007 and founded the firm’s Family group. Catherine joined Harbottle & Lewis in April 2017.
Catherine is recognised as a leading individual by Chambers and Partners, and the Legal 500, as well as most recently being named in the Citywealth Power Women list for 2017, the top 10 of the Spear’s 500 list of ‘Top Recommended’ family lawyers in the UK for 2016, and the Citywealth Leaders list 2015.
- Tatler coverage on financial disclosure and divorce
- Chambers High Net Worth Awards 2020: H&L success
- Triple endorsement for H&L in Chambers HNW
- Double recognition in Spear’s Family Law Index
- Spear’s 500: recognition for 10 H&L lawyers
- High commendation for H&L in Chambers HNW
- Congratulations to our Family law team