Louis Castellani undertakes a broad range of commercial litigation with experience that includes acting in cases in the High Court including injunctions, the appellate courts, the Copyright Tribunal, Public Inquiries and Inquests, cross-border litigation and cases under various arbitration rules. He also acts in an advisory capacity on managing risk and avoiding litigation.
Louis advises businesses and individuals who operate in the technology, media, live entertainment and sport sectors. He also advises international corporations, Private Offices and foreign state agencies whose business interests are diverse.
- Complex breach of contract claims
- Fraud, negligence and breach of fiduciary duty cases
- Licence fee and royalty disputes
- Litigation over assets including commercial property
- Statutory inquests and inquiries
- Internal corporate investigations
- Appeals to and by sporting bodies and regulators
- Jurisdiction challenges
- Cross-border litigation and enforcement
- Achieving settlements through mediation.
- Acting for the Russian Federation’s state investigators, In the Litvinenko Inquiry
- Advising the Concert Promoters’ Association in a live music tariff consultation with PRS for Music
- Acting for NBC-Universal in a commercial dispute with a third party.
Some of his case highlights
(Clients are listed in italics)
- BNP Paribas v AHAB v Maan Al-Sanea
- Saad Investments Company Ltd (in liquidation) v Maan Al-Sanea (Court of Appeal)
- Zennström v Barlow & others
- Y v Attorney-General (acting for the Trustees of a large charity)
- Lucasfilm Ltd v Ainsworth (Supreme Court)
- Experience Hendrix LLC v Times Newspapers Ltd
- Association of British Concert Promoters v PRS for Music (Copyright Tribunal)
- PRS for Music v Festival Republic Ltd
- News Group Newspapers v Littlejohn
- Cardiff City FC v Moody
- LiveNation Music (UK) Ltd v Gaming International Ltd
- Sells Goalkeeper Products Ltd v Allan McGregor
- PGA European Tour v Simon Dyson
- FA Investigation into “A”
- British Board of Boxing Control v “Boxer X”
- FINA v Swimwear manufacturer.
Louis is a member of the Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers, the British Association for Sport & Law and the Solicitors Association for Higher Court Advocates. Louis is admitted as a Solicitor Advocate (Civil).