Louis Castellani undertakes a range of commercial litigation and international arbitration. His experience covers acting in cases to trial in the High Court including obtaining urgent injunctions, appeals to the Court of Appeal, Supreme Court and Privy Council, arbitration under various rules, references to the Copyright Tribunal, internal investigations, and cross-border litigation and enforcement.
He also acts in an advisory capacity on managing risk and avoiding litigation.
Louis advises international corporations, Private Offices and foreign state agencies whose business interests are diverse, including in the fields of technology, finance, media, live entertainment and sport.
- Complex breach of contract and warranty claims
- Fraud and breach of fiduciary duty cases
- Disputes under various financial instruments
- Break-ups of joint ventures
- Claims for economic torts
- Litigation over assets including commercial property
- Disputes under policies of insurance
- Professional negligence claims
- Licence fee and royalty disputes
- Appeals to and by regulators including disciplinary cases
- Jurisdiction challenges
- Litigation involving parties from Russia/CIS, the Gulf (GCC), the US and offshore jurisdictions
- Representing parties at Public Inquiries and Inquests
- Achieving settlements through mediation.
(Clients are listed in italics)
- Currently acting in an LCIA arbitration for the seller of one of Russia’s largest retail chains
- Currently acting for NBC-Universal in a High Court dispute
- BNP Paribas v AHAB v Maan Al-Sanea
- Saad Investments Company Ltd (in liquidation) v Maan Al-Sanea (Court of Appeal)
- Zennström v Barlow & others
- Acting for the Russian Federation’s state investigators, in the Litvinenko Inquiry
- Y v Attorney-General (acting for the Trustees of a large charity)
- Lucasfilm Ltd v Ainsworth (Supreme Court)
- Live Nation Music (UK) Ltd v Leighton-Pope & Homer
- Experience Hendrix LLC v Times Newspapers Ltd
- LiveNation Music (UK) Ltd v Gaming International Ltd
- Association of British Concert Promoters v PRS for Music (Copyright Tribunal)
- PRS for Music v Festival Republic Ltd
- News Group Newspapers v Littlejohn
- Cardiff City FC v Moody
- Sells Goalkeeper Products Ltd v Allan McGregor
- PGA European Tour v Simon Dyson
- FA Investigation into “A”
- British Board of Boxing Control v “Boxer X”
- FINA v Swimwear manufacturer.
Louis trained and qualified at Clyde & Co. before joining Harbottle & Lewis in 2001. He is a member of the Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers and the British Association for Sport & Law. He is admitted as a Solicitor Advocate (Civil).
Louis speaks French fluently with working knowledge of Italian and German.
- Qualification date: May 2000
- Academic qualifications: LL.B. 1995, LPC 1997