Yvonne Gallagher advises clients on a full range of contentious and non-contentious employment law matters. Her diverse practice includes advising on senior executive level recruitment, complex team moves and matters relating to transfer of undertakings (TUPE). She has developed a particular specialism working with employers to resolve complex board disputes.
Yvonne works with clients from a wide range of industry sectors including financial services, technology, media and support services. For many years Yvonne has also advised The Big Issue magazine on a pro bono basis.
- The use and enforcement of restrictive covenants
- Team moves, including the protection of confidential information and client relationships
- Advising businesses, both nationally and international, on ways to make TUPE work for them
- Partnership and LLP structures and the rights of management and members of such entities
- The right to work in the UK and both investor and entrepreneur visas
- Board and senior executive issues including recruitment and exits
- Bonus and remuneration issues including share and equity related structures.
- Successful application of TUPE to defeat the enforcement of restrictive covenants applicable to a new recruit
- Advising on the employment aspects of a major due diligence project on an acquisition in the aviation industry. This involved employees in a number of jurisdictions
- Advising on the negotiation of exit provisions in relation to outsourced service provision contracts in order to minimise our client’s potential liabilities
- Advising a US sales entity on its start up in the UK. This included obtaining an entrepreneur visa for the founder member and structuring contractual arrangements with new joiners. She also advised on regulatory issues relevant to the sales sector
- Advising a number of organisations and providing support through the management of exit of senior individuals
- Successfully advising employers and individuals in team move situations
- Overturning a two year old default judgment for a six figure sum in the Employment Tribunal
- Advising a premier league footballer on his new contract on transfer deadline day.