Abigail Payne provides advice on all aspects of development, production, financing and distribution as well as on media finance. She is particularly renowned for her expertise in structuring international co-productions and providing advice on international subsidies as well as EIS and other tax-related financing schemes.
She advises clients from all sectors of the film and television industries, including leading UK producers, major US and European production companies and sales agents, EIS schemes, completion guarantors and talent agents.
Abigail is a member of BAFTA and Women in Film and Television.
- Film and television developments
- Film and television production
- Film and television sales and distribution
- Film and Television financing
- All aspects of media finance
- EIS schemes
- International co-productions
- The UK film production tax credit
- Advising Kudos Film and Television in relation to the production of the film adaptation of Paul Torday’s bestselling book Salmon Fishing in the Yemen starring Emily Blunt and Ewan McGregor
- Advising Valartis Bank AG, a Swiss private bank, on its financing of the feature film Song For Marion which has a cast including Gemma Arterton, Vanessa Redgrave and Christopher Eccleston
- Advising Unanimous Pictures on the production and financing arrangements for the feature film Shadow Dancer directed by James Marsh and starring Clive Owen, Andrea Riseborough and Gillian Anderson
- Advising Prescience Film Finance on its funding of the Ealing Studios productions Burke and Hare and St. Trinian’s II and the independent production Mr Nice starring Rhys Ifans and Chloe Sevigny