Abigail Payne is ranked as a ‘Leading Individual’ in the Legal 500 and was awarded the Legal 500 Technology, Media and Telecoms Lawyer of the Year (London) 2019.
Abigail provides advice on all aspects of film and television financing, production and distribution.
She is particularly renowned for her expertise in structuring international co-productions and providing advice on international subsidies/tax credits as well as EIS and other finance structures.
She advises clients from across the industry, including film and television funds, television platforms, EIS schemes, banks, studios, completion guarantors, leading producers, distributors, talent agents, literary estates and other IP/underlying rights holders.
Abigail is a member of BAFTA and Women in Film and Television.
- Film and television developments
- Film and television production
- Film and television sales and distribution
- Film and Television financing
- All aspects of media finance
- EIS schemes
- International co-productions
- The UK film production tax credit
Abigail’s recent highlights include:
- Being awarded Legal 500 Technology, Media and Telecoms Lawyer of the Year (London) 2019.
- Advising Neal Street Productions on the production arrangements with Amblin Entertainment for the film 1917, directed by Sam Mendes.
- Advising Sir Terry Pratchett’s estate on the co-production arrangements for the BBC/Amazon series Good Omens.
- Advising Acamar Films on all production aspects relating to the hit CBeebies children’s television series Bing.
- Advising a high net worth individual investor on the financing of the feature film Official Secrets starring Keira Knightley.
- Advising a film and television fund on its financing arrangements for bridging loans and permanent investments in a slate of film and television developments and productions.
- Advising a major television/digital platform on a slate of development arrangements for both in-house and independent productions.
- Advising a studio on its bank loan arrangements relating to the production of a major TV series.