With its rich history and diverse culture the UK remains a popular destination for those looking for a change of lifestyle. Living and working here brings many benefits, including tax efficiency and a robust legal system. If you are highly skilled, or have intellectual or financial value, then UK Immigration law provides opportunities for you to make your home here. If you are thinking about relocating, we can help to make the process as stress-free as possible.
Immigration issues are often time critical. We are committed to provide you with responsive advice in a timely and cost effective manner. You can be assured that we will be sensitive and discreet, tailoring our service to your personal circumstances.
Our track record includes successful outcomes for individuals and companies. Corporate clients seek advice on applications for sponsorship licences and compliance with legislation to prevent illegal working. We are often instructed for our specialist knowledge of a particular sector. Our lawyers have industry-specific experience of sport and leisure, television and film, theatre, investment and finance, telecoms and retail.
We can advise you on:
- Applications for leave to enter/remain in the UK, under the Points Based System Tier 1, including High Net Worth Individuals and Entrepreneurs
- Applications for Certificates of Sponsorship under the Points Based System Tier 2 to enable UK companies to employ foreign workers
- Applications for Certificates of Sponsorship under the Points Based System Tier 5, for creative roles
- Applications for Sole Representative status
- Applications for Indefinite Leave to Remain (residency)
- Applications for Nationality
- Compliance with corporate sponsorship obligations to ensure companies are complying with legal obligation
- Applications for marriage and family settlement application.
Our fees for all immigration matters are calculated using hourly rates, which range from £160-£500 depending on the level of experience and qualification of the solicitor assisting you. The hourly rate of an Immigration partner is £500 and a senior associate is £395.
We will provide you with an estimate of costs on first instruction, taking into account your individual circumstances, the level and complexity of the case and the level of service you require. We adopt a tailored approach to each client’s needs and priorities.
We have set out below the average fee ranges we typically advise on but this will depend on the exact type of application, complexities and level of support required.
All the fees listed below are also subject to VAT charged at 20% and disbursements, such as Home Office fees, the immigration health surcharge and premium service fees, courier charges, translations and biometric enrolment.
- Tier 1 (Investor) and Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) applications: £10,000-£20,000
- Tier 2 (General) and (Intra company transfer) applications: £3,500-£5,000
- Tier 5 applications including the following sub-categories: creative and sporting, government approved programmes and the youth mobility scheme: £3,500-£5,000
- Representative of Overseas Business: £7,000-£10,000
- UK ancestry: £3,500-£5,000
- Visitors: £3,000-£5,000
- Family based applications: £5,000-£7,500
- Indefinite leave to remain: £7,500-£15,000
- EU citizens and family members: £3,500 – £7,500
A list of the Home Office fees can be found here.
A link to the Home Office fee calculator can be found here.
Details of the Immigration Health Surcharge can be found here.
We will agree a scope of work with you and that will tell you if we expect the fee to be higher, based on the facts of your particular case.
How long will my matter take?
It generally depends on the nature of the immigration advice you require from us and the extent of our involvement.
We have limited control over the Home Office processing times of applications. The Home Office offers different levels of service, including premium, standard and postal service processing options.
Further information can be found here.
Who will deal with my matter?
The solicitors in the department are in the ‘Our team’ tab above.
The solicitors in the department are all very experienced in dealing with Immigration Law matters.
In each case, associate and senior associate solicitors are supervised by partners.