Tax rules are constantly evolving and you will regularly come up against new problems. Our corporate tax lawyers will give you innovative, comprehensive and commercially focused tax advice allowing you to spend your time growing your business, not dealing with the process.
Our expertise covers every type of enterprise – from individual entrepreneur to public company. We also work with individuals in the finance and media sectors, entertainment and sports personalities and their agents and property developers. We develop long-term relationships, working with clients as their businesses grow, responding to the need for more sophisticated tax structuring and planning advice as it arises.
We can advise you on:
- Corporate tax – all tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions, management buy-outs, joint ventures, corporate reorganisations, corporate finance transactions, (flotations, rights issues and bids) and general corporate tax advisory work
- International tax – UK and international tax aspects of cross border transactions
- Investment funds – structure and documentation of domestic and international investment funds
- Tax disputes – major commercial clients on the conduct of disputes with HM Revenue & Customs and advising in connection with contractual disputes on tax deeds and tax warranties
- Property tax – tax aspects of property transactions, including specialist VAT advice
- Employee and personal – employee and personal tax issues, including employee share schemes and benefits
- Fund raising – advising on tax efficient investment including the availability and advantages of EIS and SEIS, which give tax relief to investors
- Charities – general advisory work, including advising on trading structures.
We advised the shareholders of iLuka Limited, a corporate events management business, on the disposal of their shares in the company to Chime Communications PLC.
Redkite Financial Markets
We advised Redkite Financial Markets, a specialist in real-time financial markets surveillance solutions, on their Series A investment from leading European venture firm, DFJ Esprit.
We advised social media monitoring company Brandwatch on an investment from Durrants, the UK’s leading media intelligence business.
We advised goodypass.com, the online business launched by breakfast TV star Kate Garraway, on its seed round of investment from Kite Ventures.
We advised interactive gaming company, Zattikka, in relation to its $5.5m investment through its parent company Expedite 5, Inc. led by Notion Capital.
Forward Internet Group
We advised Forward Internet Group on its acquisition of uSwitch.com, the UK’s leading online energy price comparison and switching service.
We advised Virgin Holidays on its acquisition of a luxury long haul travel specialist Bales Worldwide.
We advised MAMA Group Plc, one of the UK’s largest independent music companies, on its joint venture with leading high street music retailer HMV.