If you are a corporate or a brand, building and protecting your reputation is integral to your success. In an increasingly complex environment, you need fast and sophisticated reputation management advice. We are both experienced and adept at reacting quickly to developing situations, and can help you to protect your business’ reputation from diverse risks – both within the media and from other quarters in the UK and elsewhere. This includes dealing not only with investigative journalists but also consumer affairs programmes, activist campaigns and disgruntled ex-employees. You can call on our dedicated team of lawyers to help protect your corporate reputation at any time.
We can advise you on the creation, exploitation and protection of the information belonging to your business. Our lawyers will work alongside your key advisers as one team to help build and protect the reputational value of your business.
We can advise you on:
- Defamation and privacy issues including threats to publish allegations or commercially sensitive information, taking action over unlawful material and securing the takedown of material from websites and other online platforms
- Obtaining emergency injunctions
- Dealing with the reputational risks and opportunities arising from major litigation worldwide, and providing testimony at inquiries of national importance
- Responding to requests for information under the data protection and freedom of information regimes and dealing with complaints to the Information Commissioner’s office
- Developing reputation protection strategies and dealing with issues management and crisis planning
- Prosecuting complaints to the media regulators IPSO, Ofcom and the BBC
We act for a wide range of companies and organisations from international brands to start-ups. Our clients include leading FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies as well as leading executives.
A lot of the work we do is preventative and confidentiality and discretion are our core values. Due to the highly sensitive nature of the work we undertake on behalf of our corporate clients with reputational issues, we do not discuss specific examples of the work we have done.