Alex Gays advises clients on a broad range of corporate and commercial matters, with a focus on assisting founders, entrepreneurs and businesses in the technology, media and entertainment sectors.
Alex spent part of his training contract working in-house for the multi-family office arm of an independent investment group in London serving ultra-high net worth clients.
Alex also has experience working in offshore jurisdictions.
He has experience advising on mergers and acquisitions, shareholder arrangements, start-up investment, financing.
Areas of specialism
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate restructurings
- Start-ups / Scale-ups
- Seed investments
- Shareholder arrangements
- Joint ventures
- Share incentivisation schemes (including EMI)
- Advising the Forward3D Group and its shareholder Forward Dimension Capital, on the acquisition by The Stagwell Media Group, a US-based digital marketing and investment group.
- Acting for Victoria Beckham Limited on a £30million investment into its global luxury fashion brand.
- Advising Hat Trick Productions Limited on its partnership arrangements with BBC Studios producer Guy Freeman and talent agent Anita Land.
- Advising games developer and publisher client Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. on its recommended offer to acquire AIM-listed Codemasters Group Holdings plc.
- Advising games developer and publisher client Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. on its acquisition of Nordeus, an independent mobile game developer primarily based in Belgrade, Serbia.
- Advising Primer API in connection with its $50m Series B fundraising investment led by Iconiq alongside existing investors.
- Advising Futrli, the UK’s premier cash flow forecasting software solution for small and medium-sized businesses and accountants, on its sale to Sage.
- Advising immersive theatrical entertainment and production company, Punchdrunk International, in relation to its investment from US software development company Niantic, Inc.
News and Views