Amy Bradbury is an associate in the Media and Information Group. She specialises in the protection and exploitation of information and advises on all legal areas relating to reputation management, including defamation, privacy, breach of confidence and confidentiality, data protection, freedom of information and harassment.
Amy acts for a wide range of clients, both in and out of the public spotlight. She advises corporates and brands as well as global figures, business professionals and high net worth individuals.
Amy is a member of Women in Film & TV.
- Pre-publication or broadcast advice on threats to publish inaccurate or damaging allegations or private and confidential information
- Obtaining apologies, corrections and damages awards in relation to actions for defamation or breach of privacy
- Securing the takedown of unlawful material online
- Dealing with intrusions into your private life or unwanted paparazzi attention
- Advising on complaints to the Independent Press Complaints Organisation, Ofcom and the BBC
- Advising on the data protection and freedom of information legislation, including contentious data subject access requests for individuals wishing to obtain personal data or organisations responding to requests for information
- Pre-publication or broadcast content clearance in the film, theatre, publishing and television industries
- Dealing with harassment including cyber campaigns.
A lot of the work Amy does is highly sensitive and inherently private and so not in the public domain.
Recent cases which are in the public domain include Russell Brand’s libel claim against the Sun on Sunday and the Statement in Open Court obtained on behalf of Sir Roger Moore.