Caitlin McGivern advises media and entertainment clients on development, production and rights exploitation in the film, television and theatre industries. She acts for a range of clients including production companies (from small UK producers to major US studios), rights-holders, agencies and individual writers, directors and producers.
Caitlin also has a particular interest in sustainability in film and television.
- Rights and development
- Film and television production
- Film financing
- Commercial contracts
- Acting for Marv Studios on the production of the latest film in the Kingsman franchise, The King’s Man, and on the financing and production of their upcoming film Tetris.
- Acting as production counsel on the Netflix film Rebecca.
- Advising on the financing and production of Supernova, starring Colin Firth and Stanley Tucci.
- Advising on the production of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child both on the West End and in other cities such as New York, Hamburg and Tokyo, and advising on ancillary rights exploitation in connection with the production.
Caitlin trained at Harbottle & Lewis, during which time she completed a secondment at Virgin Media, before qualifying into the Technology, Media and Entertainment group in 2019. Prior to joining the firm, she worked in the legal team of an agency representing writers and directors in film, television and theatre.
- NFTs – a bold new revenue stream for rights-holders?
- Key takeaways from the Film & TV Production Restart Scheme rules
- Government announces £500m COVID-19 insurance fund for film and TV production
- C21 Media coverage: Shallow pockets and high hopes
- Brexit: Film and TV update
- Nudity guidelines set for UK film and TV industry