Caitlin McGivern advises media and entertainment clients on development, production and rights exploitation in the film, television and theatre industries. She acts for a range of clients including production companies (from small UK producers to major US studios), rights-holders, agencies and individual writers, directors and producers.
Caitlin also advises talent and brands on sponsored content and brand ambassador arrangements, commercial contracts and rights exploitation.
- Rights licensing and exploitation
- Production work
- Commercial contracts
- Endorsement and brand ambassador deals
- Acting for Marv Studios on the production of the latest film in the Kingsman franchise
- Drafting template endorsement and sponsored content agreements for a talent agency
- Representing well-known talent in their negotiations with a broadcaster regarding the agreement for their television programme
Caitlin trained at Harbottle & Lewis, during which time she completed a secondment at Virgin Media, before qualifying into the Technology, Media and Entertainment group in 2019. Prior to joining the firm, she worked in the legal team of an agency representing writers and directors in film, television and theatre.