Emily Venn advises on all aspects of private family law, including divorce and associated jurisdictional issues, financial claims arising from relationship breakdown, nuptial agreements, and private law children matters.
Emily is committed to achieving outcomes for her clients in a sensitive and pragmatic way, whether through the court process or via alternative forms of dispute resolution. She is particularly experienced in dealing with complex financial issues often involving an international element, such as assets located offshore, or jurisdictional disputes arising from divorce.
- Divorce and separation
- Jurisdictional disputes
- Financial claims arising from relationship breakdown
- Financial claims in relation to children
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Private law children matters
- Achieving settlements for high net worth clients outside the court process in relation to both financial and children matters, to ensure privacy.
- Assisting a client in the solicitor-supported negotiation of a postnuptial agreement, in a matter involving a multi-jurisdictional dispute and a foreign prenuptial agreement.
- Assisting a client in the reported case of MG v GM (MPS LSPO)  EWFC 8 in which financial orders were successfully obtained prior to both the determination of contested jurisdictional proceedings and the exchange of financial disclosure.
Emily trained in the Family team at Vardags before joining Harbottle & Lewis in June 2023.
Emily is a member of Resolution.