Georgina Long handles a wide variety of commercial disputes with a particular interest in the film, television, theatre, publishing, travel and entertainment industries.
Georgina advises on cases involving contractual claims, intellectual property rights, insolvency and negligence. As well as High Court litigation she has had experience in mediation and complex settlement negotiations. Her clients include UK and international companies and individuals across all of the firm’s practice areas.
- Contractual claims
- Intellectual property rights
- High Court litigation
- Complex settlement negotiations
- Acting for a leader in the travel industry in relation to a multi-million pound contractual claim relating to the termination of a services agreement
- Acting for a leading music publisher in High Court litigation with a licensor regarding the rights to music catalogues, which involved making an application disputing jurisdiction
- Advising a literary agency in relation to unpaid royalties due from one of its international distributors
- Advising a film producer on the termination of a director’s contract prior to completion of the film and drafting and negotiating the terms of settlement
- Successfully recovering sums due to a Spanish-based production services company for services rendered to a UK based film producer in respect of a feature film shot in Spain
- Advising a leading sports promoter in respect of its dispute with a former co-promoter
- Settling a complex multi-party financial dispute
- Acting for and advising various publishing, theatrical and film clients in respect of breach of contract and debt claims
- Making a Summary Judgment / Strike Out Application in the High Court
Georgina trained with Harbottle & Lewis and qualified into the Litigation department in March 2012. As part of her training contract Georgina spent six months on secondment to Virgin Atlantic’s in-house legal team.