Jonathan Berger advises on the development, acquisition, production, licensing and distribution of all forms of content, including feature films and television programmes in traditional media and on digital media networks and platforms.
He advises companies that are involved in production financing and distribution of content, including digital content.
Jonathan is consistently ranked in Legal 500 and Chambers and has previously been named in The Lawyer’s “Hot 100” List.
Jonathan is a member of BAFTA.
- Production life cycle of content (development, production and post-production)
- Exploitation of content in all media including digital media platforms
- Heading up the Group’s representation of Matthew Vaughn’s Marv Studios on The King’s Man and Tetris.
- Acting for The Royal Household in respect of the broadcast agreements on various projects including HRH The Duke of Cambridge’s The Earthshot Prize broadcast on BBC One and HRH The Duchess of Cambridge’s Royal Carols: Together at Christmas at Westminster Abbey broadcast on ITV and on various other media agreements.
- Acting for the UK’s first high-end feature animation studio, Locksmith Animation, backed by Liz Murdoch, on their first feature Ron’s Gone Wrong.
- Acting for Magic Light Pictures on their BBC Christmas animated specials, most recently Superworm based on the book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Schleffer and their animated series Pip & Posey for Sky and Channel 5.
- Acting for Young Films on their UK feature film Silent Roar.