Jonathan Berger advises on the development, acquisition, production, licensing and distribution of all forms of content, including feature films and television programmes in traditional media and on digital media networks and platforms.
He advises companies that are involved in production financing and distribution of content, including digital content.
Jonathan is consistently ranked in Legal 500 and Chambers and has previously been named in The Lawyer’s “Hot 100” List.
Jonathan is a member of BAFTA.
- Production life cycle of content (development, production and post-production)
- Exploitation of content in all media including digital media platforms
- Acting for the band Queen in relation to the bio pic of the band Bohemian Rhapsody.
- Heading up the Group’s representation of Matthew Vaughn’s Marv Studios on their new film Kingsman: The Outfit and other films on their slate.
- Acting for The Royal Household in respect of the broadcast agreements for the marriages of HRH Prince Henry of Wales and Ms Megan Markle and HRH Princess Eugenie of York and Mr Jack Brooksbank and on various other media agreements.
- Acting for Amazon Studios on their feature film The Aeronauts directed by Tom Harper, from a screenplay by Jack Thorne and starring Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones.
- Acting for the UK’s first high-end feature animation studio, Locksmith Animation, backed by Liz Murdoch, on a multi-slate financing and distribution deal with Twentieth Century Fox and on their first feature Ron’s Gone Wrong.
- Acting for Magic Light Pictures on their new BBC Christmas animated special Zog based on the book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Schleffer.