Katrien Roos advises clients in the film, television and theatre industries in relation to rights exploitation, development, financing, production and distribution.
She acts for individual rights holders, location owners, independent TV and film production companies, US studios and SVOD platforms.
Areas of specialism
- Production work
- Rights exploitation
- Acting for Marv Studios on the financing and production of the latest film in the Kingsman franchise, The King’s Man, starring Ralph Fiennes
- Acting for Amazon Studios on their feature film The Aeronauts, directed by Tom Harper and starring Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones
- Advising the Royal Household in respect of the broadcast agreement for the marriage of HRH Prince Henry of Wales and Ms Meghan Markle, and on various other licensing and broadcasting agreements
- Assisting on the financing and production legal work for the feature film Juliet, Naked starring Ethan Hawke and Rose Byrne
External publications and events
- Katrien spoke at the FOCUS Conference for film and television producers in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Katrien has acted as a judge on the panel for the Book to Film category of the annual CAMEO Awards since 2017
- Katrien spoke on the topic of project finance at the Creative Enterprise Evolve Seminar in November 2019
- How to… navigate the UK child licensing regime
- UK and South Africa team up with television co-production agreement
News and Views