Mark Irving handles all aspects of private family law with a particular emphasis on complex financial and children cases, and those with an international dimension.
Mark has considerable experience advising clients in relation to financial claims upon the breakdown of marriage and other relationships. He is often instructed to advise on the care and living arrangements for children, and advises regularly on prenuptial and cohabitation agreements.
Mark advises clients from all walks of life and has particular expertise in advising clients with substantial assets, offshore and corporate asset-holding structures, and where specialist valuation issues arise. He has extensive experience advising clients in the public eye and those with reputation management concerns. He has advised clients from a broad cross section of backgrounds and industries.
Mark is a member of Resolution.
- Children disputes
- Civil partnerships
- Cohabitants’ financial claims
- Cross-border disputes
- Divorce and separation
- Financial claims on divorce
- Inherited and pre-marital assets
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Reputation management
- Trusts and divorce claims
Mark has been involved in a number of leading reported cases, including the Court of Appeal decision in Grey v Grey  EWHC 1055 which clarified the law surrounding the impact of cohabitation on maintenance post-divorce.
Mark also successfully represented the wife in the case of FB v PS  EWHC 2797 which involved complex financial structures, offshore trusts and cross-jurisdictional tax issues.
- 2013 Spear’s Young Turk Awards: Mark won the prestigious Family Lawyer of the Year Award. In winning the award, Mark was praised for his “judgement, diplomacy, speed and determination.”
- Mark was named as a ‘Rising Star’ in Spear’s Magazine Family Law Index in May 2015, a list of the country’s top 50 family lawyers and was ranked as one of the leading private client advisers in The Spear’s 500 2016 index.
- In September 2016, Mark was listed in the ‘Top 35 Under 35’ eprivateclient index of leading practitioners within the private client legal, accounting and fiduciary sectors.