Mark Primrose provides employment law advice to employers and employees across all of the firm’s sectors.
He has experience advising on contentious issues between employers and employees in the Employment Tribunal and Civil Courts alongside providing solutions and practical guidance in respect of non-contentious workplace matters.
Mark is a member of the Employment Lawyers’ Association (ELA).
- Advising employees and employers on the application of relevant law and appropriate steps to be taken with a view to minimising risk and avoiding litigation
- Advising on settlement agreements
- Preparing and responding to Employment Tribunal proceedings
- Drafting employment contracts and workplace policies.
- Assisting the corporate and commercial group, advising on TUPE aspects of deals and employee due diligence.
Mark joined the firm in May 2019. His previous experience at a firm in the City of London includes:
- Successfully negotiating favourable exit terms for a senior employee of a national corporation following an allegation of gross misconduct made against them and the instigation of a disciplinary process by the employer.
- Acting for an employer in respect of two separate six figure claims brought by two employees in the Employment Tribunal for discrimination, unfair dismissal and detriment following a protected disclosure, achieving a mutually agreeable settlement following Judicial Mediation.
- Advising an employee at a large bank on their attendance and testimony at a disciplinary hearing following their suspension after an allegation of gross misconduct made against them.
- Qualification date: September 2018
- Academic qualifications: Law LLB (1st class hons) University of Southampton – 2015; Legal Practice Course – 2016