Mark Primrose provides employment law advice to employers and employees across all of the Firm’s sectors.
He has wide-ranging experience in advising employers on workplace issues, including day-to-day HR considerations, complex contractual matters, the structuring of bonus and commission arrangements and the management and resolution of grievance and disciplinary issues. He advises employer clients on restructuring and redundancy exercises, including collective consultations.
Mark is also regularly instructed by individuals, including senior executives, in relation to workplace difficulties and advises on making grievances, responding to disciplinary charges and seeking negotiated exits, including advising on settlement agreement terms.
Mark regularly advises and represents employers and employees on employment tribunal claims and related tactical considerations.
Mark is a member of the Employment Lawyers’ Association (ELA).
- Advising employees and employers on the application of relevant law and appropriate steps to be taken with a view to minimising risk and avoiding litigation
- Advising on settlement agreements
- Preparing and responding to Employment Tribunal proceedings
- Drafting employment contracts and workplace policies.
- Assisting the corporate and commercial group, advising on TUPE aspects of deals and employee due diligence.
- Advising on employment status, including for tax and in respect of IR35 determinations.
- Advising an international games and leisure company on a complex re-structuring of their UK business and collective consultation with elected employee representatives.
- Advising a number of West End theatre producers on combatting the threat of COVID-19 by implementing arrangements negotiated with Trade Unions with performers and backstage crew, including the structuring of those arrangements.
- Negotiating favourable settlement terms for an employee in the television sector following their being made redundant by their employer.
- Representing and achieving a commercial settlement for an employer in the performing arts sector following a six figure claim by an employee for unfair dismissal and discrimination.
- Qualification date: September 2018
- Academic qualifications: Law LLB (1st class hons) University of Southampton – 2015; Legal Practice Course – 2016