Matthew Leverton has wide-ranging litigation and dispute resolution experience. He regularly handles applications for interim relief (including search orders and freezing orders) and trial litigation, and is well versed in alternative dispute resolution, with experience in expert determination, arbitration and mediation.
He is routinely instructed on heavyweight, high value commercial disputes and has experience in acting for clients operating in a variety of industries and sectors including telecoms, technology, engineering, financial services, travel, entertainment, sport, fashion and retail.
He also has significant experience in representing private individuals (including ultra-high net worth individuals) in connection with contentious issues of all kinds, acting to protect those individuals’ assets, property, information and personal interests.
He also has extensive contentious property experience, representing clients of all kinds in respect of their property interests and disputes. He routinely handles Landlord and Tenant disputes (including service charge disputes, dilapidations claims, and lease determination disputes), claims in Private Nuisance, and disputes arising out of property renovation and development.
- Representing a leading engineering group in connection with contractual and IP infringement claims arising out of the proposed sale of an overseas partner’s business to a competitor
- Representing a pension fund which had been defrauded by a Madoff style scheme
- Representing an offshore financial advisory company in successfully pursuing contractual and tortious claims in respect of an investment by an overseas investment fund (managed by a UK Plc) in a foreign, listed property investment vehicle
- Acting for an entertainment industry leader in a confidential expert determination as to industry practice and remuneration
- Acting for a leading sportsperson in defence of High Court proceedings brought by a former adviser
- Acting for Asian subsidiaries of a global entertainment group in ICC arbitral proceedings
- Representing a multinational pharmaceutical corporation on two directly inter-related pieces of litigation in respect of the exploitation of the worldwide rights in a pharmaceutical product