Matthew advises clients on a range of corporate and commercial matters, with a particular focus on technology and life sciences.
His experience includes advising on fundraising and shareholder arrangements for early stage and high growth companies, as well as advising on mergers and acquisitions and later stage funding rounds.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Shareholder arrangements
- Start-ups and early stage investment
- Share incentivisation schemes
- Bridge financing through convertible equity
- Matthew joined Harbottle & Lewis in September 2023. Before joining, he trained at Taylor Vinters (now Mishcon de Reya), and he qualified into their Emerging Companies team in 2022.
- Before qualifying as a solicitor, Matthew’s background was in the life sciences, and he has a PhD in Molecular Genetics from King’s College London.