Matthew advises on commercial and residential property matters. He has acted for individual and corporate occupiers, investors, estate trusts, and institutional charities.
Matthew deals with all manner of commercial landlord and tenant transactions, commercial and residential sales and purchases, secured lending, and estate management and enfranchisement matters.
He also has experience of dealing with charitable and ecclesiastical property issues, particularly in the education sector, which includes dealing with the property aspects of academy conversions and the statutory transfer of school sites.
- Commercial landlord and tenant
- Estate management
- Residential sales and purchases
- Acting for the competent landlord on a collective enfranchisement claim concerning a prime apartment block in central London
- Acting for an ecclesiastical charity on the disposal of a complex urban site for development
- Acting for a large charitable property trust on transactional matters concerning properties on its estate
Matthew qualified as a solicitor in 2016 and joined Harbottle & Lewis in September 2021.