Michael Lister advises on commercial and regulatory matters relating to the sports, eSports, sponsorship and advertising industries. His clients include sports clubs, sports governing bodies, agencies, talent and a number of major brands. He has particular experience advising on sponsorship agreements, brand ambassador arrangements, commercial contracts and rights exploitation.
- Sponsorship agreements
- Event staging arrangements
- Athlete representation
- Player contracts
- Image rights
- Endorsement and brand ambassador deals
- Rights licensing and exploitation
- Hospitality and ticketing
- Sports regulatory advice
- Disciplinary issues
- Integrity in sport
- Athlete participation, selection and disciplinary matters
- Interactive entertainment and new technologies
- Intellectual property
- Broadcasting and the exploitation of rights across all media.
- Advising Premier League football clubs on player and image rights contracts and sponsorship agreements
- Advising Premiership Rugby clubs on player contracts, sponsorship and kit supply agreements
- Advising on Formula 1 team sponsorship agreements
- Advising global brands on sponsorship agreements in respect of major events and tournaments including the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games, UEFA Champions League, Africa Cup of Nations, ICC World Cup and T20 World Cup, NBA Global Games
- Advising various charities on their event staging arrangements
Michael has been on secondment at LOCOG, where he was negotiating a number of high profile sponsorship agreements in relation to the London 2012 Games.
Michael is a member of the British Association for Sport and Law and the European Sponsorship Association.
He is the legal services provider to the Association of Rugby Agents and he writes for Running Rugby and LawinSport.