Michael Lister is a specialist sports and entertainment industry lawyer advising on commercial and regulatory matters.
Michael represents professional footballers, motorsport drivers and other athletes from a wide range of sports. He also works with major brands as well as established agencies and talent working in the broader entertainment sector.
He has particular experience advising on player contracts and transfers, image rights arrangements, agency agreements, sponsorship agreements, endorsement contracts and regulatory and disciplinary issues.
- Player contracts
- Image rights
- Sponsorship agreements
- Endorsement contracts
- Athlete representation
- Event staging arrangements
- Intellectual property and brand protection
- Sports regulatory advice
- Advertising and marketing
- Advising Premier League footballers on transfers, player contracts, image rights matters, agency arrangements and endorsement agreements.
- Advising Formula One and Formula E teams on contractual matters including participation agreements, sponsorship agreements and driver contracts.
- Advising clubs and teams across several sports on sponsorship and kit supply agreements.
- Advising major global brands on sponsorship agreements in respect of major events and tournaments including the Olympic and Paralympic Games, UEFA Champions League, UEFA European Championship, the ICC Cricket World Cup and T20 World Cup.
Michael began his career as a sports lawyer working for the organising committee of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, which included drafting and negotiating several high profile sponsorship contracts and advising on ambush marketing and brand protection.
He is ranked as a leading individual for sports law in both the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners legal directories.
Michael is also a member of the European Sponsorship Association and speaks regularly at their events.