Sarah Johnson advises media and entertainment clients on development, production and rights exploitation in the film, television and theatre industries.
Sarah acts for a range of clients including production companies (from independent UK producers to major US studios and SVOD platforms), established West End and regional theatre producers, rights-holders, agencies and individual writers and producers.
- Rights and development
- Film and television production
- Intellectual Property and Rights Exploitation
- Commercial contracts
- Advising Box to Box Films on the ongoing production of multiple documentary series including Netflix’s “Drive to Survive” and “Break Point”.
- Advising Monty Python on the management and exploitation of its rights portfolio across a range of media and platforms.
- Acting for UK indies on various rights and licencing agreements.
Sarah joined Harbottle & Lewis in October 2022. She trained at Clifford Chance and qualified into the firm’s corporate department, where she advised on mergers and acquisitions, corporate and regulatory matters for global financial institutions.
Before converting to law, Sarah read Classical Civilisation at the University of Leeds.