Sarah Verrecchia advises both employer and employee clients on the full spectrum of both contentious and non-contentious employment law. Sarah has particular experience advising employers on managing employees, advising on employee aspects of corporate and property transactions, assisting with restructuring, and handling discrimination and unfair dismissal litigation.
Her clients include both businesses and individuals principally within theatre, media & entertainment, sport and financial services industries. Sarah also advises start-up businesses or individuals engaging in start-up ventures.
- Employment Tribunal and High Court litigation
- Appointment and termination of senior executives
- Discrimination, harassment and victimisation in the workplace
- Business reorganisations and redundancy
- Employment related disputes and grievances
- Contract and policy review
- Post-termination restrictions
- Employment issues in corporate and property transactions
- Successfully defending claims of disability discrimination and unfair dismissal for a high street retailer
- Representing a renowned sports brand bringing a professional negligence claim against its former CEO
- Successfully defending a large foreign bank against claims of whistleblowing and race discrimination
- Representing the Managing Director of a world famous orchestra on a threatened unfair prejudice claim
- Successfully defending a G7 government against a race discrimination claim
- Advising on TUPE and employment aspects on the acquisition of a multimillion pound property portfolio
Sarah trained at Nabarro and qualified in January 2015 into the firm’s Employment team. She joined Harbottle & Lewis in October 2016.
Sarah is a member of the Employment Lawyers’ Association (ELA) and the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association (ILPA).