Sarah Verrecchia advises both employer and employee clients on the full spectrum of both contentious and non-contentious employment law. Her clients include both businesses and individuals principally within theatre, media & entertainment, sport and financial services industries. Sarah also advises start-up businesses and individuals engaging in start-up ventures.
She has completed a secondment working in house for the multi-family private office arm of an independent investment group in London and has particular expertise advising High Net Worth and high profile individuals on household and private office employment matters. For these clients she provides an employment lawyer led bespoke HR service, dealing with redundancy, disciplinary, grievance and settlement processes, and aims to make matters as simple and as stress-free for the client as possible. She works closely with the Media and Information Group to manage any reputational risks.
For employer clients she advises on the full spectrum of HR matters and has particular experience advising employers on sensitive disciplinary and grievances, advising on employee aspects of commercial transactions, assisting with restructuring and handling discrimination and unfair dismissal litigation.
For senior executive clients she negotiates and advises on exit strategies and termination packages and conducts Employment Tribunal litigation.
- Private household and private office employment matters
- Employment Tribunal and High Court litigation
- Appointment and termination of senior executives
- Discrimination, harassment and victimisation in the workplace
- Business reorganisations and redundancy
- Employment related disputes and grievances
- Employment issues in commercial transactions
- Successfully defending claims of disability discrimination and unfair dismissal for a large retailer.
- Representing a founder and shareholder in a claim for unfair dismissal and forfeited shares on termination, achieving a five figure settlement at a judicial mediation.
- Conducting a redundancy process for the employees of an UHNWI.
- Advising a West End show on a highly sensitive disciplinary, grievance, appeal and settlement process in relation to an allegation of sexual assault.
- Advising a UK touring production in relation to sexual assault allegations on the tour.
Sarah trained at Nabarro (now CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang) and qualified into the firm’s Employment team. She joined Harbottle & Lewis in 2016.
Sarah is a member of the Employment Lawyers’ Association (ELA).
- Qualification date: January 2015
- Academic qualifications: History BA Hons – 2010; Graduate Diploma in Law – 2011; Legal Practice Course – 2012