Shayna-Radhika Patel is an associate in our technology, media and entertainment department, and advises on a broad range of commercial agreements, intellectual property (IP) and data protection issues in this area.
Shayna has particular experience advising on privacy matters, IP/IT commercial contracts and the commercialisation of various technologies including blockchain.
- Software licensing and development including SaaS arrangements.
- Research, development and collaboration agreements.
- Intellectual property including assignment and licensing arrangements.
- Compliance with the GDPR including international data transfers.
- Privacy notices and internal data protection policies.
- Compliance with e-Privacy laws including direct marketing and cookies compliance.
- Advised a multinational energy company on general compliance with the GDPR, drafting internal data protection policies and procedures as well as advising on cookie compliance.
- Advised a multinational consumer goods company on a variety of technology and media matters including the procurement of global IP/IT services and media buying agreements.
- Advised a multinational company on the development of a white label trading app using blockchain technology, as well as the exploitation and licensing of blockchain technology to automate and simplify supply chains.
- Undertaken secondments to two leading FTSE100 companies, advising on privacy and commercial contract matters.
Shayna studied Law and Criminology at Cardiff University graduating with first class honours.
Before joining Harbottle & Lewis, Shayna trained and qualified at an international City law firm, working in the Technology and Media department and has experience of advising in both private practice and in-house.