Rhys Llewellyn has a broad range of experience advising on a full range of corporate and commercial issues. He undertakes work for clients ranging from start-ups seeking investment through to internationally known individuals and companies on their corporate and commercial arrangements. Rhys has particular expertise in advising clients operating in the media, entertainment, sport and technology industries.
- Acquisitions and disposals of shares and businesses
- Joint ventures
- Start-up, investment and shareholder arrangements
- Senior executive equity based incentive arrangements
- Restructuring and insolvency
Limited liability partnerships
- Family investment companies
- Sale and purchase of properties held in corporate structures
- Commercial agreements
- Advising a number of high profile individuals, including internationally known sportsmen, models and musicians, on a variety of corporate and commercial transactions including endorsement and licensing arrangements.
- Advising Virgin Group in relation to the establishment of its new group wide loyalty programme.
- Advising Wasted Talent on its acquisitions of Kerrang! and The Face.
- Advising on sale and investment arrangements with private equity investors including the shareholders of Make It Cheaper in relation to an investment by ECI.
- Advising Forward Internet Group on its acquisitions of Uswitch and Factory Media.
- Advising on a variety of transactions involving the sale or purchase of high value central London residential property and well-known commercial properties through corporate structures including the Hammersmith Apollo, Forum, Jazz Cafe and Heaven venues and the Lyric, Garrick, Apollo, Duchess and Other Palace theatres.
- Advising senior executives at leading hotel and restaurant chains and advertising agencies on equity based incentive arrangements.
- Advising David Beckham on a number of matters including his strategic partnership with Authentic Brands Group, a global media, entertainment and lifestyle brand company which will co-own and manage David Beckham’s global brand and business. Read more here.
Rhys joined Harbottle & Lewis upon qualification in 2001.